VA/MD Sightseeing Boat Tour
- Drivers must be 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Passengers must be at least 5 years old.
- The weight limit is 250 lbs per person.
- Person Operator Must Be 18+ • Passenger Must Be 5+
Cruise the Potomac River
Enjoy a fabulous two-hour Washington, DC boat tour! Drive your own boat on the Potomac River and around the surrounding Virginia/Maryland area.
This picture-perfect National Harbor boat tour is filled with unique photo ops of these sites from the river! Our expert tour guides will craft a fun, memorable outing as you take in the history and many famous sites including:
- National Harbor
- Jones Point Lighthouse
- Mount Vernon
- Fort Washington
- Little Hunting Creek
- Potomac River Wildlife (7 animals have returned, incl. bald eagles!)
- Water quality (history and improvements!)
Monumental Boat Tours Will Provide You With:
- Your very own CraigCat boat dedicated to you for the tour
- Life jackets
- Narration and historical information
- Adventure and sightseeing
- Instruction will be given before the tour leaves the dock – no boating experience necessary.
Note: You will likely get wet from waves and other boats. The weather may also change while we are on tour. Please dress accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tours continue during light rain but not in dangerous conditions. In the event of inclement weather requiring the cancelation of your tour, we will give you the option to reschedule your trip or receive a full refund.
The boats are designed not only for fun but with safety in mind. Please visit the CraigCats manufacturer’s website to learn more about the safety features and accolades.
Please limit your personal belongings. Each boat has a built-in dry box big enough to fit sunscreen, keys, phones, and wallets. You may bring a towel to place on your seat, but this is not essential. You may bring nonalcoholic beverages and small snacks.
Please check the forecast and dress appropriately for the weather on your tour day. If the temperature is below 80°F, please bring rain gear as it will feel cold if you get splashed. A rain poncho will help keep you dry and warm. You are welcome to bring your own poncho and we sell ponchos for $10 each if you wish to purchase.
Face masks are required on our docks.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page.