Frequently Asked Questions
What is your inclement weather policy?
Tours continue during light rain but not in dangerous conditions. In the event of inclement weather requiring the cancelation of your tour, we will give you the option to reschedule your trip or receive a full refund.
What are the age restrictions?
- To Drive the Boat: Must be 18 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Passengers: Must be at least 5 years old and accompanied by a licensed adult driving the boat
Is there a weight Limit?
The weight limit is 250 lbs per person.
How safe are the boats?
The boats are designed not only for fun but with safety in mind. Please visit the CraigCats manufacturer’s website to learn more about the safety features and accolades. Here is a link: https://craigcat.com
What about parking?
There are plenty of paid parking lots at National Harbor.
Is there anything else to do at National Harbor during my visit?
There are numerous restaurants, shops, sites, and activities at National Harbor. Visit https://www.nationalharbor.com/about for more information!
What should I bring on my Monumental Boat Tour?
Please limit your personal belongings. Each boat has a built-in dry box big enough to fit sunscreen, keys, phones, and wallets. You may bring a towel to place on your seat, but this is not essential. You may bring nonalcoholic beverages and small snacks.
Please check the forecast and dress appropriately for the weather on your tour day. If the temperature is below 80°F, please bring rain gear as it will feel cold if you get splashed. A rain pancho will help keep your dry and warm. You are welcome to bring your own pancho and we sell ponchos for $10 each, if you wish to purchase.
Face masks are required on our docks.
Are Alcoholic Beverages Permitted?
Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited on all Monumental Boat Tours. All participants must be under the legal limit of intoxication.
What If Our Group has An Odd Number of Participants, Such As 3 or 5, people?
Each boat accommodates 2 people (one driver and one passenger). You must be 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license to operate our boats. Individuals and groups with an odd number of participants may have one qualified driver on a boat by themselves.
Is There A Restroom Break?
There is not a restroom break during our tours. Please use the restroom before you arrive. Public restrooms are available very close to our dock.
How do I sign up for a tour?
Please select “Book Now” to see a complete schedule of available of available days and times. Please contact us if you need assistance or have a large group.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
Yes. For safety of all involved all participants must sign a waiver. Please be sure to complete the online waiver before you visit us.
Is the cost $120 per person?
Yes, the cost is $120 per person, plus applicable sales tax and booking fees. Sometimes, we run promotions which may lower the price. We always honor a $10 discount for active duty military, first responders, and teachers.
Is tipping expected?
Our guides tremendously appreciate tips! After an enjoyable outing on the water, tipping is an appropriate way to say thank you. The amount is completely at your discretion.
Are payments by credit card, cash, and check accepted?
All tours must be booked in advance through our website using a credit card.
Can I bring my pet?
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Special COVID-19 Message
Monumental Boat Tours has taken many precautions using CDC and MD DNR recommendations as a basis for our revised operations. It is important to note that there is an inherent risk of any public activity during this time.
Some of the modifications to our normal procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning Boats, Life Jackets, and surfaces after every tour
- All bookings and waivers must be made online to reduce in-person contact
- We are not offering water or a cooler. Please feel free to bring a non alcoholic beverage of your choice.
- If you have booked a tour:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early. You will be escorted to the training station from the entrance of our gate.
- Please be sure to maintain a 6-foot distance to everyone that is not in your household at all times.
- If you have any of the following CDC-identified COVID symptoms listed below you many not participate in a tour:
- Cough; Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; Fever; Chills; Muscle pain; Sore throat; or New loss of taste or smell
- Face masks are required on our docks. During tours, face masks may be removed.